Halloween Test Tube Shooters
You’re never too old to celebrate Halloween. These test-tube shooters, which closely resemble a science experiment, may be served at kid and adult Halloween parties. Adults may celebrate by substituting sparkling wine for grape juice.
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange-colored gelatin powder, such as orange, peach or apricot
- 1 cup boiling water 1 can (15 ounces) peaches, apricots or pears in juice or extra-light syrup, not drained
- 2 1/4 cups purple grape juice (see note)
- 1/4 cup hot-chocolate mix (see note)
- Blender or food processor
- 18, 2-ounce test tubes and rack to hold them
- 1 long bamboo skewer
- Mixing bowl
- Sauce pan
- Mix gelatin powder and boiling water until the powder completely dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Purée the canned fruit in a blender or food processor until completely smooth.
- Mix with gelatin and divide between 18, 2-ounce test tubes; you should fill each test tube about half way.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Heat the grape juice in a sauce pan until simmering.
- Stir in the hot-chocolate mix until it dissolves; refrigerate.